hello world

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Style or Structure. Yes please.


When it comes to writing, I am no Shakespeare or Dickenson. I am no gramaticia. I am not even as good as most elementary school children are at writing. I know very little of the ins and outs of writing. But there is a question that I do feel comfortable throwing my two cents in for; which is better: style or structure? I don’t know that there is an objective correct answer. However I do believe that style is more important. Well-styled writing comes alive on the page, no matter how boring the subject matter. If style is properly applied, a piece of writing can become unforgettable. I doubt that anyone will remember what anyone the structure of any given document was, but they will remember the content and the style. Style can help make the content applicable to the reader. Structure has its place. But style is where the money is made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment