hello world

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Osama Bin-killed


After commencing two wars and ten years of searching, Osama bin Laden has finally been caught and killed. This very idea stirs up several different emotions inside of me, and still questions remain. When I first heard the news, I was excited—happy even. But then as I watched the news more, and especially as they showed several people in the streets celebrating, I thought that my emotions may be inappropriate.

Are we really celebrating someone’s death? Am I really happy? Yes, this man has done terrible things in the past, many of which were directed at our country. There is no doubt in my mind that he “deserved” to die, in the Law of Moses sense of the word. But celebration? Satisfaction?
I suggest that we as Americans should take a higher road in responding to the death of the terrorist mastermind. I think we should feel a solemnity. We should be mortified that we have to kill in order to end the problems of the past. But we can be at peace that finally he is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment