hello world

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Interview questions


We were talking the other day about interview questions, and good interview skills. We all were shouting out questions that we thought were tough in interviews. One person noted that they dislike the question: “tell me about yourself”. I agreed with him. But after talking a bit I think that I have a reasonable answer that will set me apart and show that I am comfortable in the interview. The key is in the details. Tell me what you think.
“I am from Denver, CO. I am an economics student at Brigham Young University. I will graduate in April 2013. I am an avid skier. I grew up skiing every weekend with my dad. So the mountains have a very strong sentimental value to me. In addition to skiing I love China and all things Chinese, but especially the language. I served a two-year mission for the LDS church wherein I spoke mandarin Chinese. The ability to speak Chinese is now a skill and a love for me…Do you want me to go on?”
I think it highlights both my skills and shows that I am an interesting person at the same time but I would be interested to get your feedback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment