hello world

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Helping someone more stressed than I

I liked this assignment almost as much as the "buy a stranger a 'coke'" assignment. Sometimes it feels like i am the most stressed of all my acquaintances. But then I realize that I am not the only one with class and work and other stresses. My roommate was one such stressed individual.
Taylor is his name. He is taking accounting 310 and ISYS 201. And he is working on top of that. He is trying to get into the accounting program so his classes are extremely important to him. With finals coming up he is especially stressed.
Taylor is also a Sunday school teacher and he was asked to give a talk in church. He didn’t know how he was going to do all of his work and prepare a talk and prepare a lesson. So I offered to take care of his lesson for him.
I was very glad to be able to help. And I was spiritually filled by my preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment