hello world

Monday, December 6, 2010

Digital Literacy: Google Voice


In order to round out my digital literacy labs i chose to do google voice. It is really neat. it takes all the voicemails from my cell phone and transcribes them into text and then sends it to me in email and text message versions. this makes it really easy for me to stay connected when i am in a meeting or something. and i dont have to ever take the time to log into my voice male or play stupid voicemail tag with others.
But it seems that the transcribing still has a little room for improvement. here is the first message ever recorded on my google voice. it is from my sister: "Hey. I hope. Brother, I am in the bookstore. Currently, I just went on that date. Bye. Milly. I guess up with them and sleep late it good, although he had a Pepper's i meani'm not a big covered fans of the reference of the last. And tell you as planned. Sorry to give you some really really this okay bye bye." you can see how this may be difficult to really get to the bottom of what the person is saying. but i think that it has a lot of potential. 

No comments:

Post a Comment